Prospective Adopter Stage One Plan
The Prospective Adopter Stage One Plan was introduced, with effect from 1 July 2013, by the Adoption Agencies (Miscellaneous Amendments) Regulations 2013. It is drawn up by an adoption agency as part of Stage One (the Pre-Assessment Stage) of the 2-stage assessment process for prospective adopters. It sets out the responsibilities and expectations of both the prospective adopter and the agency during the Pre-Assessment Stage.
It must include:
- Information about the counselling, information and preparation for adoption to be provided;
- The procedure for carrying out police checks;
- Details of any training that the prospective adopter has agreed to undertake;
- Information about the role of the prospective adopter in the stage one process;
- Any applicable timescales;
- Information about the process for making representations (including a complaint); and
- Any other information that the agency considers relevant.