The term Lawfully Detained means a child who has been placed in Local Authority Accommodation (e.g. a Children's Home or Foster Home) in the following circumstances;
- Under a Curfew Order;
- On a Remand to Local Authority Accommodation;
- Under a Secure Accommodation Order;
- Detained by the Police and placed in local authority accommodation;
- Convicted of certain grave crimes under Section 53 of the Children and Young Person's Act 1933 or Section 90 and 91 of the powers of the Criminal Court (Sentencing) Act 2000;
- Subject to other Court imposed restrictions on accommodation resulting from criminal offences;
- Placed under Police Protection.